Saturday, September 22, 2007

New old friends

Yesterday I asked what happened at last.fm. I think the answer is clear. Someone did delete my account. Which is sad, but let's face it, not all together surprising. When I discovered that the account was deleted, I attempted to sign up again and was successful for about 15 minutes or so before the account was deleted again. I think that the second deletion had more to do with mirrored servers synchronizing but I could be wrong. The difference that I noted between the first time the account was deleted and the second time is that the first time, the iameveryone friend disappeared from other users accounts, but the second time, it didn't. Also, the second time, iameveryone could still scrobble and would show up in the friend's dashboard. Strange. I sent a note to last.fm support but haven't heard anything. Yesterday another iameveryone was registered and is still operating so hopefully we'll be able to keep it open for a while longer anyway.

Today I went through the gmail account and re-added all the old friends that I could find e-mails from there. Surely there were many more. At some point on the old last.fm account the e-mail address had been changed to coco@denver.com. I do not know who that e-mail address belongs to. But, when I tried to send a message there, it bounced back anyway, so I doubt that it matters much.

I subscribed to last.fm again. And I'm sending a message to see if I can get the subscription from the old account applied to the new one.

Right now, I'm listening to doctor_dee's Radio and it is delightful!

I hope that I will continue to post in the blog as my personality changes in the coming days.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

as iameveryone deleted again? what the heck.