Monday, April 23, 2007

april 23, 2007

I got a package today that I ordered from a company more than 18 months ago. It was delivered recently to my former office, and passed on to me by a former colleague/friend. I was confused at first, I have ordered from that company recently and everything was delivered to the proper address. When I opened the package, it all became clear ... one of the items was a limited edition item made to benefit the victims of hurricane Katrina. I remember ordering it shortly after the tragedy, and calling the company months later because the package never arrived. The other item is something that I have since reordered because I really wanted it. At the time, the company refunded me for my purchases, but assured me that the money for the victims had already been donated to the charity, so they were the ones taking the hit. This act helped make me a loyal customer.

I studied the package closer ... sure enough, the postmark was for September 12, 2005. The funny thing is, the package was in PRISTINE condition and looked like it had been put in the mail yesterday. I can't help but wonder where it has been hanging out all this time.

No comments: