Tuesday, April 10, 2007

tuesday thoughts

I am currently sitting at my desk drinking "Fierce Grape" Gatorade, and successfully avoiding doing actual work. Well, that's not true, I did tie up some loose ends from a problem yesterday, so I did something before I started doing nothing. The blue play-doh that a friend gave me for creative inspiration is taunting me to play with it, but I think that doing so would make it obvious to my colleagues that I am not doing anything.

My world did get one degree of separation smaller today: a friend/colleague just told me that the girl he has been talking to in Texas is from my home state, and we may end up having mutual friends. I shouldn't be shocked, this happens to me all the time (like the girl who I have sat next to in class for the past few months who grew up 2.5 hours from me, and ended up at the same out-of-state college -- yet we didn't figure this out until last week).

I am looking forward to my Amazon orders arriving today: The Group by Mary McCarthy (my next book club read); Entourage Season 3, Part 1 (since I don't have cable to keep up on it); a K.C. Cole non-fiction book, First You Build a Cloud (science essays for non-scientists I have read all her other books); A Long Way Gone a memoir about a boy growing up during Sierra Leone's civil war; Macy Gray's new album; and a Lightning Seeds album (I have been wanting to hear "Life of Riley" and can't find it on limewire or iTunes). I also pre-ordered the new Harry Potter (I can't help myself) and Rainbow's End: A Memoir of Childhood, War and an African Farm (a friend who knows that I love memoirs highly recommended it).

Anyway, I guess I should try to get some work done.

No comments: